In the previous months of this year, Google has added a brand new and fascinating feature in Google docs that allows you operate in groups. Now you can monitor who and if one of the collaborators has made the changes. In other words, this feature can allow you to see someone else’s edits for a Google document. This is an essential tool for those users that spend a significant part of their daily life in a word processing program.
There are lots of points you have to understand before you use Track Changes. The first issue is that so as to generate use of this feature, there should be at least one file on your Google docs. Be sure that your record must be uploaded from the open file format, i.e. .odt (text) or .ods (spreadsheets). If your file is in some other format then ensure it is harmonious and then upload it into the Google docs. Let’s understand other things associated with this feature in detail:
- The very first step is to log into your Gmail account and open the drive by locating this option below the Google apps button available in the top right corner
- Now, open a Google docs or produce a fresh one
- When it opens, it is possible to see a Editing button at the upper right corner
- with that panel, proceed to Suggesting
- be sure that you inform your collaborators or another members which must work on this Google docs to flip Suggesting
- Now, click share and also add the email addresses of those people you need to share the documents with
- you could also set the permissions as edit, and view just or see or edit
- Collaborators with edit permission will create any changes to your Google docs
- as soon as they edit, you can assess it beneath monitor changes
- Currently this option in the kind of a connection is available just above the tool bar
- Click this and now you can see who and when made the changes for this record
- as soon as you click on some of the monitor history connection, you’ll be able to restore the previous record (prior to making the shift) together with all the changes highlighted
- you might also see the detailed version of the changes made from the users.
Aside from monitoring changes, you might also remark, chat and revise history on your Google docs. If you want some assistance, contact Office customer support team.
For more information you can visit: www.office.com/setup