Microsoft Office is one of the widely used software used from most computer users across the world. The Office is a comprehensive package that additionally includes Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, InfoPath, Groove along with other applications. From simple to complex, a user may perform a great deal of tasks using Office applications. An individual may purchase any Office suite depending upon their requirement as well as the specific specifications of the computer system, tablet, notebook, and even a cell phone. To use Microsoft Office applications, one needs to download, install and then trigger it to your own device.
As soon as you purchase, you want to follow another three processes, i.e. download, installation and activation. While doing so, a user can encounter a mistake 1321 using a message “Setup can’t Modify the File”. This error occurs while trying to install MS Office 2013 or 2016. Without troubleshooting the mistake, you can move. Thankfully, this can be done by following some simple steps Which Have Been cited below:
- Use File Explorer to browse and also right-click the folder in which you’re installing MS Office
- Select Properties
- Uncheck the Read Only box
- Choose the Advanced button
- be sure the box at front of Encrypt Contents to Secure Data is not checked (the option is available beneath Advanced Attributes tab)
- Hit OK and then select Security tab
- Choose the Edit button
- be sure everybody is selected and if not, click Add and then type Everybody group into the list
- Choose OK two times
- Now, browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
- Right-click the Office folder and then select Properties
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 from the Office folder
- Close all the running applications and also try installing the Microsoft Office again!
If you’re still unable to install MS Office 2013 or 2016, then get hold of the www.office.com/setup team and repair this issue with no trouble. You may call them anytime as they operate 24*7.