Nobody can refuse from the simple fact that Microsoft Office is a significant component for each PC user. Using MS Office, you can’t just create documents, spreadsheets and presentations, but also send emails along with a bunch of additional stuff. Till date, we’ve got quite a few Office versions available for both consumers and businesses. You may choose one of these depending upon the Office features you need to avail.
The entire process of accessing Office includes purchasing, downloading, installing and activating. While using it, there are chances that you might discover a variety of errors during one or more one of these processes. Among the most typical mistake users are facing is error code 30016-4.
Possible causes of error code 30016-4
This error may happen because of a few of the following reasons:
- An antivirus installed on your device or firewall May Be blocking the Office installation
- Internet link or proxy server settings
- Another Office version is already installed on your device, and it is creating a software battle
- Incomplete partial failed repair installation change removal of any previously installed Office version
Thankfully, we’ve got the solution of this mistake. All You Have to do is check the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- Disable firewall and antivirus for some time
To disable, follow the below stated route:
- Disable Antivirus
- Open antivirus -> Settings – >> searchable security -> Switch off -> Browse to antivirus firewall -> Switch off -> Click Yes or OK on the confirmation prompted
- Disable Firewall
- Control panel -> System & Security -> Windows firewall -> Switch Windows On Off -> Turn off firewall to both public and private network
- Create SFC scan
- The error code 30016-4 may happen when a system file is corrupt. To correct these files, do the following:
- Fix the registry
- Among the possible causes of this Office mistake might be registry corruption. Aside from this, an alteration at a single key value could lead to 30016-4. Follow the below cited path to do so:
- Open registry editor> Publish the preinstalled or registry key that obstruct the installation of latest version or upgrade -> Browse the below keys and then delete it
Now, change the DWORD values from below keys from 0 to 1 in Office shared registry folder:
If none of the aforementioned solutions work in your favor, then contact Office.com/setup team to find this error repaired by a certified tech. The team works 24*7 so you may contact them anytime.